Thursday, February 21, 2008

Teaching Graphic Design in Vail

Educating people, sharing design knowledge about things you know is exciting. Teaching design in the schools and with friends is one thing I enjoy doing in Eagle County. When I am not designing logos in Vail, Colorado, I substitute in the Eagle County School District. I have taught in all grades but enjoy elementary school. To be in the art department with children is amazing. To watch the students become creative and imaginative is fabulous. Graphic design comes in all forms and the teaching beginning stages of balance, composition and color. With the elementary age kids I have taught the traditional art class but also in the technology department too. At the tender age of five, some of those kiddos are quite computer literate! In the middle school and high school levels I incorporate PowerPoint in the technology class since that will be a common program when the get into the workforce. Graphic design is all around us... you just need to know how to see it! Look at my website at http://www.heidisdesignworks.com to get inspired!

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: